View Profile Oddlem

26 Movie Reviews

Huh! I remember seeing another one of your animations (Pixel Mythology) uploaded a few years ago, and holy crap have you improved since then! Your characters' movements here are so smooth and natural, and hot dang do the designs and body language seem much more fluid too! I also really like the creativity in the of the scenes (like the clothes swapping parts) and also how the music video itself seems centered around all of these different personalities. I also love the reoccurring flying shark. lel

But yeah! Good stuff, hope to see more of these in the future.

I've been waiting for so long to see someone make a parody of storytime animations, and I gotta say that I'm really surprised that not very many people poke fun at this.

I felt like some of the jokes could have landed better or maybe some background music could have been included, but other than that I thought this was pretty great.

I wanted to avoid looking at completed parts before the whole thing was put together so I could kind of see it in a "fresh" point of view, and I gotta say that it came out great! Everyone did a fantastic job and I really liked how experimental/initiative some of the parts got.

32 Art Reviews

I gotta say, I really really like this design. Combining the portals with the bar at the top would be really nice and make everything look more smooth, and I love how the placement of movies and games would make them stand out even more and make everything look less cluttered. I do think that showing icons with supporter icons would make it look more homey, but I'm not much of a graphic designer so it's probably best to take that out anyway.

I don't really have much to say since you elaborated a lot in the description (which is absolutely not a bad thing) or anything to give feedback for aside from non-objective stuff.

willKMR responds:

Thanks Oddlem! I could definitely find a way to sneak some Supporter labels in there.

While your technique and rendering is amazing, I feel like the composition needs some work-- at first glance, it's very hard to read what's happening since the subject doesn't really "pop" out from the background. Maybe try making it contrast more from it by making the tree lighter or fade away into the distance?
Other than that, it's really dang good.

When I first clicked on this, I thought that someone just uploaded a photo because this looked so real. Your sense is lighting is fantastic!

Really great stuff here, keep it up!

RobinsonAnimation responds:

Thank you for your kind words, feel free to leave any criticism i'm looking to improve in any areas that may need work on. More eyes the better.

I cant really give you any tips more than that i watch a load of YouTube videos and paint in Photoshop ha.

Kyle

[My commissions are open]
Hi my name's Odd and I still haven't grown past my "I only like drawing anime" phase.

OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS!

r5wy0u80u9i86y9uiy4y450iujo534554uti74535yuy5uurturur6tiedie56i 9uyt09u5y4y0598plskillme53w4dfjui9gfd890dfg @Oddlem

19, Female