View Profile Oddlem

27 Movie Reviews

Huh! I remember seeing another one of your animations (Pixel Mythology) uploaded a few years ago, and holy crap have you improved since then! Your characters' movements here are so smooth and natural, and hot dang do the designs and body language seem much more fluid too! I also really like the creativity in the of the scenes (like the clothes swapping parts) and also how the music video itself seems centered around all of these different personalities. I also love the reoccurring flying shark. lel

But yeah! Good stuff, hope to see more of these in the future.

I've been waiting for so long to see someone make a parody of storytime animations, and I gotta say that I'm really surprised that not very many people poke fun at this.

I felt like some of the jokes could have landed better or maybe some background music could have been included, but other than that I thought this was pretty great.

I wanted to avoid looking at completed parts before the whole thing was put together so I could kind of see it in a "fresh" point of view, and I gotta say that it came out great! Everyone did a fantastic job and I really liked how experimental/initiative some of the parts got.

1 Game Review

[edit] So there is a way to skip it, but that really should be made clear from the get-go. A lot of games have a large "press --- to skip" on the intro screen.

Aside from what's already been mentioned, I feel like that intro goes on for WAY too long since there is no way to skip it. The text passes by painfully slow, and since the music loops after only about 30 seconds, makes that very noticeable as well-- most of the OST seems to be a few notes progressing upward and then repeating.

As for combat, I feel like it would move along a lot smoother if you could select your creature's attacks all at once rather than: select, attack, select, attack, take damage, take damage. I also feel like gameplay-wise, this is nothing too new and that I could go play Starbound and tame monsters, or play Pokemon and have a similar experience.
Also the AI is isn't very smart in any situation. With that first boss with all slimes, my damage got killed off and I had one that was weak to water, and I still won because they would attack my slime even though it resisted them. Or they'll attack the creature that has a massive shield. Basically, there's no feeling of challenge at all since bosses don't use any strategy, they just have X buff that makes them a little stronger. I mean, what's the point of weaknesses if only the player is the one actually using them? It would be no different if the abilities were just a bunch of random slashing and buffing attacks.
Heck, the parkour feels more difficult than the gameplay at times.

I really like the idea, but there are games that have been presented much better than the way it was here.

30 Art Reviews

Excuse me mona lisa, but can you please make room for REAL art like this? Thank you.

Before I talk about the art itself I just wanted to mention that I couldn't stand the dialogue they gave to everyone in Odyssey. Felt like they were trying to hard to make the jokes land if that makes sense. x: Still a fun gamemode, but boy did those player tips in the loading screen make me wince.

That aside! I really love the way you coloured and shaded this, it looks both simple yet detailed at the same time. I like how the reflective lighting wasn't too overdone yet still makes an impact-- really brings out the whole thing. Also sidenote, those messy braids are A+. Suits her really well, 'specially since I don't think she would take the time to make sure they're organized. lol

I feel like there could have been a bit more done with the background (though the colours chosen on there are pretty nice and fit the colour pallet on Jinx) and that her right forearm is too short, but overall I really like the mood in this piece. .w.

Aleriy responds:

Thanks for taking the time to review my artwork ^^ really appreciate.
Indeed, I could have done something else with the background, although in the beginning it was not planned at all. You see, I was just going to do a sketch of her, but since I liked the way she looked, I began painting and adding more and more details on the shading and lightning. Next time I will try to add more details to the background as well ^^.

I am so glad that you like it, and that the picture conveyed the mood I was trying to achieve.

Saw your comment lower below, I wanted to add- I think a majority of artists draw on a big canvas (I prefer 2200x2000) and then scale it down. Plus, when you leave it that big, someone can very easily steal it. And if you scale it down but have the original big image, you have some extra proof that it's yours.
But yeah, I already have pretty slow internet so this took a couple of minutes to load. x:

That aside, I really like the colours you chose on this. Though, I feel like a lot of parts of the face are out of proportion (the chin is too close to the base of the skull and the frontal region is too large). The background also has a lotta empty space and despite the warm colours, makes the whole thing feel empty.
Not sure what she's from, but she's p cute.

LucasSaturn responds:

I get you, should've probably scaled the resolution down. Good idea about proof about who produced it, though! Mind you, I don't mind if people take it and use it for their own purposes, whatever floats their boat, as long as it's credited.

I see what you mean about the anatomy. I definitely need to work on learning how each part of the skull and body is sized, in relation to one another. I'm not sure about the bones in the skull, but if I understand what you put correctly, then the chin needs to be a bit further down, and the actual circle part of the construction needs to be a bit smaller? If that's the case, then yes, I can see what you mean. I think also maybe the neck is a bit too far back, and the head would be further forward if that was the case for that pose?

I'm definitely not a background artist, lol... hence why I usually just stick with quite solid colours or gradients. It's a bit empty, perhaps I should've zoomed it in a bit, or made the expression more extreme (and closer to the camera), so that it felt better composed.

She's from an anime called Gabriel Dropout, definitely go and watch it, haha; it is only one season, so you should be able to get through it in about an hour or two.

Thank you so much for your feedback! I will continue working on the anatomy of my artwork, and the composing of the images! :)

Hi my name's Odd and I still haven't grown past my "I only like drawing anime" phase.

r5wy0u80u9i86y9uiy4y450iujo534554uti74535yuy5uurturur6tiedie56i 9uyt09u5y4y0598plskillme53w4dfjui9gfd890dfg @Oddlem

19, Female