Fio Running Fio Running

The animation itself is really good, however it's really only a running cycle in a loop. It's short, and there's not really much content despite it's great quality. I really think this should be in the art portal as a gif, and not in the movie portal since it has no sustenance for entertainment.
Don't get me wrong though, the animation looks amazing! I like her expression, the orange hue to the colors, and the nice use of perspective. I would definitely love to see more work in this style in the future.

LoungeCartoon responds:

Thanks for the response! I am trying to improve my animation skills, learn how to use Newgrounds, and I will keep the advice in mind :)!

Bad Red Balloon Bad Red Balloon

I was... not expecting that. At all. The other animations that you've done (that I've seen) are upbeat and happy, so that twist was really surprising and made it hilarious in some weird way. For a beginner, your animation is pretty good although it does look pretty stiff. The art style's also pleasing to look at, and I absolutely love how you're going for an older appearance.
Nice job man! :D

Hurrdurr-hd responds:

Thank you Meowberry for your comment. I'm doing by best to give my viewers a good quality animation. Good to hear that I could surprise you :D

[SFM] Nightmares of The Old War [SFM] Nightmares of The Old War

SFMs aren't exactly popular on Newgrounds, but I kind of liked it. The pacing was good, the music fit well, and the story is pretty clear. Don't worry, it's not cringeworthy. :P Although, I thought it was pretty cheesy and even though the story is easy to understand, I thought it was kind of overdone. Also, this is likely out of your control, but the models are pretty out of date and I think it would have been best to use ones from other games. It kind of takes away from it, if that makes sense.

Klaytoid responds:

I understand. SFM is kinda hard to be creative with since I only have limited models and knowledge on how to create my own for 3D animation but, this is my first actual Animation that I aimed for a serious dramatic approach. It's not Golden, but I plan on going back into some Flash animation to expand my techniques and knowledge with 2D animation. I don't plan on sticking with SFM because it's hard enough to make things work within Source as it is. But, I'll probably do something else with it that doesn't seem mediocre. I appreciate your feedback a lot. YouTube doesn't have a helpful community so I'm glad I stuck with newgrounds!

Thank you very much!

~Klaytoid

Lovable Goldfish Plant Lovable Goldfish Plant

I see you're doing something different with that shading, and it looks really nice. :D Same with the linework as well. I also love how solemn he looks despite the cute lil' flower fish existing, which gives it a nice overall tone.
I give this a two thumbs up/10

NilesCD responds:

Thank you, my friend! I've gone for a traditional Japanese style for this, which is surprisingly difficult to replicate! I'm glad you like!

Death and Morte Death and Morte

I'm in love with the linework on this <3 The colours are fantastic as well, and I really like your use of blues to make it feel mysterious.
The only thing I think could be improved on is the shading. I feel like if you used more intense shading, it really would have helped improve the tone of the piece and give it more depth overall.

But besides that, great work >w<

Nanocanyon responds:

Yeah , I didn't really did do much with the shadow and stuff , thanks for the tip :D

Without Weakness Without Weakness

Such a strong piece! :0
That red against the greys really leaves an impact, and gives the whole thing a determined feeling while also highlighting the face in a way. I also love how the eyes are hidden, since I feel like it implies that he's powerful yet tries to not let it effect his goals. The composition is also really nice, which works really well because there's a lot of detail to look at. >w<
Great job on this :'D